If you are interested in serving on an IBE committee, please contact IBE Headquarters at [email protected].
The Chapters/Branches committee has the following duties:
- To consider petitions for the formation of new academic Chapters and/or Branches.
- To make recommendations to the Council for formations and/or dissolution of Chapters and/or Branches.
- To promote cooperation and communication among Chapters and Branches.
- To assist Chapters and Branches in coordinating their efforts among each other and with the Institute.
- To review status of Chapters and Branches on 5-year intervals.
The Bylaws committee has the following duties:
- To maintain and distribute the membership Bylaws as necessary.
- To bring amendments to the Bylaws to the Council for consideration.
The Education committee has the following duties:
- To promote student involvement in all Institute activities.
- To make recommendations to the Council concerning student policies, accreditation, continuing education, and professional registration for biological engineers.
The Meetings committee has the following duties:
- To study options and to make recommendations to the Council regarding meeting dates, locations, and themes.
- To monitor quality/effectiveness of meetings sponsored by the Institute.
- To make recommendations for improvements of meetings to the Council.
- To coordinate with the Local Arrangements and Program Coordinators on issues related to specific program needs for each meeting.
The Membership committee has the following duties:
- To make recommendations to the Council concerning policies for membership.
- To investigate appeals from dismissed members and to report findings to the Council.
The Nominations/Elections committee has the following duties:
- To receive nominations for Officers and Councilors at-large from the members of the Institute.
- To coordinate elections of Officers and Councilors of the Institute.
- To monitor timely selection of Institute committee members.
- To receive and maintain names of Chapter and Branch officers.
- To investigate, in cooperation with the President, allegations of improper election procedures in Chapters and Branches.
Public Relations Committee
The Public Relations committee has the following duties:
- To develop and implement programs for the advancement of the profession of biological engineering.
- To cooperate with other societies and institutes in advancing public recognition of the professional status of biological engineering.
- To develop programs which promote the understanding and appreciation of biological engineering to the public.
The Publications committee has the following duties:
- To develop and maintain a system of publications (books, journals, scientific communications, newsletters, etc.) to meet the needs of biological engineers, scientists, technologists, and allied professionals.
- To supervise publication operations.
- To consult with editors concerning editorial policy.
- To receive publication suggestions and to make recommendations to the Council concerning publications.
The Recognitions/Awards committee has the following duties:
- To identify and recommend appropriate awards to the Council.
- To establish and recommend policy for recognitions and awards for the Institute.
- To receive nominations for recognitions and awards that are given by the Institute.
- To administer recognitions and awards activities.
Website and Communications Committee, ad hoc
This committee considers on-line content and services for the Institute website through the review of proposals submitted by committee and other Institute members. Following approval of proposals by the majority of the committee, recommended proposals are submitted to the Institute President and Executive Director for final authorization and implementation.